Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Looking for Answers & Friends Stick Together

The following e-mail was received yesterday:

Well, another week has gone by, and so has another [General] Conference. Seems like last conference wasn't even too long ago. 

Looking for Answers
This week for sure had its ups and downs like most do. We have this one investigator that we are teaching that does everything we ask. She reads The Book of Mormon, she prays....but she still hasn't received an answer...at least she doesn't feel that she has. I´m not quite sure what to do with this one. I've been trying to find answers, but nothing has come yet. Also many of the other people that we have been preparing are not working out. Just have to keep going though. There has to be someone out there that will accept. 

Friends make the burden easier.
On the other side, I am very very thankful for all the great friends I have here on the mission. They make things so much easier. The other day our lunch fell through--[as did another missionary's lunch]. So we got together and made a churrasco for lunch. It was really good, and it was great just to talk to them for a while. Making sure to always have a good time really makes the difference. I´m thankful for all of my friends here and back home. It´s something that really is important--especially as a missionary. If you are not friends with the people, they won´t want to accept anything you have to offer. 

Love all you guys and hope you have a great week.
 
--Elder Castagno

No comments: