Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter 2012


 The following e-mail was received today:

Happy Easter! This week was pretty good for the most part. We were able to get some members to help us out with people that we knew. Working with the members is always so much better than working alone. Because it is them that will keep the recent converts active in the church. 
We found a few great families that we are starting to teach because of the help of some members. Things should start looking up. Also this last Friday was a very special day. Of course it was the day that Christ died on the cross, and also the day that the church was restored so many years ago. I reflected on what all of that meant. Really the whole purpose of the church is based on the sacrifice of Christ--and also how important that is to us. I feel that the more we understand about His sacrifice for us, the more we come to understand our purpose, and what we need to do during our time on this earth. It makes trials during our life more understandable also. God wants us to be polished out to be perfected. That´s why we need the experience that we get here on earth. It´s interesting. I´m thankful for all that Christ has done and for the atonement that we have. 
On a somewhat different note...about ten minutes after I emailed the last time, I was walking and I slipped and cut the top of my foot open. It wasn't too bad, but bad enough that it would hurt to put shoes on. So I rocked flip flops in church clothes for a little while. Felt super weird...but gotta do what ya gotta do!
Until next time,
Elder Castagno

No comments: