Monday, April 16, 2012

A Virus, a Hospital, and a House out of a Horror Film

The following e-mail was received today:

Well, another crazy week here in Fortaleza. We had an interesting few days. My foot healed up enough that I could use shoes...but what do you know, the next day I got extremely sick! Bad enough that I decided it would be best to go to the hospital. When we got there, I had to wait an eternity to finally get attended to by a doctor. Then they hooked me up to an I.V. and just left me there. It seemed like they did that to about anyone that walked in there...haha. Then they did some blood tests to see if it was anything serious; that took another few hours. Finally the results came back, and all was good. Just a bad virus that was going around. I´m all better now. 


The next few days weren't that great though. We went out to teach and everything just seemed to keep falling through. No one was ever home. Finally Sunday came around, and I was expecting just about none of our investigators to show up, but then the Lord once again showed His hand in helping us out. We had many members bring their friends, and also some of our old investigators came to church! Also, one of them said they wanted to be baptized! A miracle! This whole transfer has been rough, but now at the end I can see the fruits of our labors. It really is worth it to endure to the end--even when the end isn't in sight. 

Elder Castagno's current housing (in my imagination...)
Also this week we are going to be moving into a new house; the one we are in is super small and basically destroyed. The walls leak....it looks like something off of a horror film...but instead of blood, it´s just water.

Well, have a great week!

Elder Castagno

No comments: