The following e-mail was received today:
I´m really learning how to use my time wisely. If we don´t we end up having to walk more than we have to. There are a bunch of great people we are teaching in Esperanca! There is one teenage kid named Wanderson. He is perfect. He knows that these things are true, and he is really smart. Hopefully he can be baptized this weekend. We also have a mom of one of the members that is really close to baptism. We just have to help her stop smoking. We are in the process of helping three couples get married. The other day we took Manuel and Michelle to sign their wedding agreement the other day. They were really excited and happy. I could truly see the difference in their lives--the improvements they've made. Not because of us, but because of their love to the Savior. Miracles really do happen. They don´t even realize it but I see that they really do have the Holy Ghost with them. They have a different glow.
I´m grateful for General Conference. I learned a lot from it. It is different watching it as a missionary than being a normal member. I found many ways I could use those talks to help me be a better missionary by teaching others by the spirit. As in paying close attention to the small promptings to the Spirit in what to say and what to do. Also, I am grateful for prayer. Prayer is a literal communication with God, as I have learned. He is truly there to hear us. He does answer prayers. On a different note, I bought an electric shower the other day. It is a little sketch but is better than taking an ice cold shower at night.
Also, last night a small snake decided to come join us during dinner last night at our house.
Well love you all and may God be with you till we meet again.
-Elder Castagno




No comments:
Post a Comment