The following e-mail was received today:
So this week we walked...and walked and walked. Having two areas is not very easy. The area of Esperança is very large, and all of our investigators live way out there. I so like it in the fact that we have many people to teach. Esperança is giving many fruits--as in many good people to teach. And the ward is awesome! The members help out a lot and they are very nice.
This week we went out with a couple members to go teach their friends. We got about ten new people that day. It was very tiring but worth it. The next day Elder Brody and I went out to teach a few people we didn't get a chance to teach the last day. We met a family consisting of about six people. It was a mom and her four girls. We taught the lesson like usual. When we got to the point to [discuss] the First Vision of Joseph Smith, it was my turn to talk. So I explained about his life and such...but as I spoke the First Vision, I felt the Spirit so strongly. The most I ever have when saying the First Vision. I felt Like I really was Joseph seeing God and the Son. The Spirit filled the room. I could see it in all of their eyes that they felt it too.
Experiences like this really strengthen my testimony. I know that these things are true. There is no other way. I´m so thankful for this church and how it changes peoples lives. I've also had an increased testimony in the Book of Mormon. I've really been studying it, and I've noticed something in these last few months: no one can read the Book of Mormon and then after say that it is not true. No one. Everyone that has read it with true intent and desire to know, comes to know that it is the word of God. It is my number one tool to use to convert people.
Love all of you and hope that you are safe.
Abraços,
Elder Castagno
No comments:
Post a Comment