Monday, October 24, 2011

Uniting Families & Shenanigans with Photos

 The following e-mail was received today:

Hello everyone! This week was very busy as usual. We are focusing on a few certain families and people. There is this one family in the ward, Assis and Arriza. We had lunch at their house about a month ago. They are members, but they went inactive. We talked to them a little bit. We found out that they were not even married! Also that they had a daughter that hadn't been baptized yet. So we talked to the daughter, Gabi. She wanted to be baptized. Also the father wanted to baptize her. So we made the arrangements to get them married. Also, we passed by their house many times to teach Gabi. Arriza would sit in on the lessons many times. She said she never really had a great interest in the church until now. Each week we would go and teach them. I could see all of their testimonies growing. Then Assis and Arriza were married! Then a few days later, Gabi was baptized. About an hour before the baptism, we were at their house. They were all so excited for this new chapter in their life. They said that they felt a happiness in their home when we were there. Something I never really payed attention to. It made me realize again how important this work is. How as missionaries we really are servants of the Lord. I took a step back to look. There was such a big difference in their lives in so little time. Once a broken family, now a happy family strong in the gospel. That is our purpose: to bring familes together. I don´t think they could have been any happier. I don´t think I could be either. 

Also this week we are helping another family be completed. It is just the dad that is left to be baptized. Other than that, things are going well. It is hot as usual, and there is a lot of work to be done.
Until next time.
-Elder Castagno
Surrendering to the monster under his bed.



1 comment:

Rick said...

Man, life was so simple when all you had was a bed, a towel, and a junky fan. ;) I miss it.