Monday, September 26, 2011

New companion, larger area, & baptisms

The following e-mail was received today:


 Hello everyone! Well one more transfer has gone by. Today was transfers and a lot has changed. First of all, I have a new companion! His name is Elder Brody. He is from South Jordan, Utah. He´s pretty cool. He likes a lot of the same things that I do. 

Also, I am staying in my area, but the next area over is now combined with mine. We look over Esperanca and Mondubim. Esperanca is a very large area, but the members help a lot. We look over two wards now. It´s going to be a lot of walking. It´s just me and Elder Brody that live in the house now. It is kinda strange. One elder went home and the other was transferred. 

So this last week went by pretty well. We had two more baptisms on Saturday! One was Manuel and the other Jessica. It is amazing to see the change in Manuel´s life. He had many problems and at first he didn't want to have anything to do with the church. But now he is a member. I´ve really learned a lot throughout my training period here. Things I´ll take with the rest of my life. Thank you all for your prayers and for all that you do.

-Elder Castagno

 

No comments: