Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Taking the lead & knocking on doors

The following e-mail was received yesterday:


It´s amazing how these weeks really just pass by like nothing. I've already been out for about three months, and I feel that I left yesterday. I've already learned so much, but I still have much to learn. This week was interesting and somewhat of a challenge. This last Friday me and my companion had a division. I stayed in our area, and I was made senior companion for a day. I wasn´t sure if I was going to be able to do it, but I actually did pretty well! We went to all of our appointments, and I took the lead in speaking and teaching. I was able to remember all the things I needed to say to the investigators. We even taught a new family! It was for sure not easy. My mind never stopped. I was always thinking on where we needed to go next and what to teach. At the end of the day I was very very tired, but it was worth it. I learned a lot from that experience, and I feel that I´d be ready if I was called to be senior.

This week was full of good lessons that we taught to people. We have two families that we are teaching: Flavia and Francisco, and Michelle and Emanuel. Both of the men in the families want nothing to do with religion, but the women already know that these things are true. We met these people by knocking doors, amazingly. The Lord has been very kind to us in this way. All of our baptisims and lessons have been taught to people that we knocked doors on. This is usually very rare. Anyways, they are ready for baptism, but they both need to get married. This will be a hard task to overcome seeing that the men don´t really want to. But I have faith in the Lord and I know he can do all things. 

Yesterday we made a churrasco, a.k.a. B.B.Q., in our front patio. My companion made a really good seasoning and we cooked it. This is Brasil. Love you all and until next time!
 
-Elder Castagno

No comments: