Monday, December 12, 2011

6 Month Mark & Ups and Downs

The following e-mail was received today:

Well another week has passed, and in a few days I´ll hit my six months mark! 

So this next week is my companion's last week on the mission. He´s made it! We have a going away party planned for him later this week. He´s been a great companion, and I've learned a lot from him. Today we went to the center to make his last purchases. 

Everyone here is getting ready for Christmas. At church they are going to do some fun activities. I´ll probably end up playing some Christmas songs on the guitar. 





Ups and Downs
This last week had its ups and downs. The week started out pretty bad but got better by the end. The first three days of the week were really hard. Everything fell through, and I mean everything--even our lunch. It was tough, but with some adjustments to the people we were teaching, we made it better. These areas right now are pretty dry--as in there is no one good to teach. Just about everyone we have talked to doesn´t really care, or they don´t really do much about anything. But that´s how it is, and it´s okay. There will be some family out there that is waiting for the gospel, and I can´t wait to find them.  

Other than that....it´s still pretty hot over here. Not like that´s new--haha. Hope you´re all doing well. Have a good chilly week and keep me in your prayers.

-Elder Castagno

No comments: