Monday, December 19, 2011

New area...FINALLY! (and Merry Christmas!)

The following e-mail was received today:


 Merry Christmas everyone! Well...it will be soon enough. Anyways I have news to tell....I´ve been transferred! Finally! It´s been a bit of mixed feelings. Back in Mondubim and Esperança there were some really good friends that I made. But I am sure glad for the change. 

My new area is Cidade dos Funcionarios. It´s HUGE. Almost like all of Salt Lake City. The area is a city within Fortaleza. They have everything here, which is great. They even have Subway and McDonalds! My last area had nothing. My new companion is Elder Redd. He is from Blanding ,Utah. He´s also going home at the end of this transfer. I just keep scaring these missionaries out of the mission I guess...haha. 

So this last week went well. Just about everyday we had to go somewhere. One day we went downtown so Elder Brody could do is interviews, and the next day we went to Maranguape. We even went to the hospital...I was sick, so I went there. Nothing serious, I just had a type of flu. I´m much better now. 

Today was Elder Brody´s last day. He´s already on the plane out of here and will get home tomorrow. He was a great companion. This week is already full of things to do. It will be interesting working within a city. I´ve been so used to neighborhoods in the middle of nowhere. Can´t wait for Christmas! It´ll be great to hear from home. 

The most important thing I learned this week was that the blessings come after the trials. If you endure the trial well, the Lord will bless you for your effort.

With love,
Elder Castagno

No comments: