Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Area--First Time Out of Fortaleza!

The following e-mail was received on 8/20/12:

Well, transfers happened, and what do ya know? I got transferred. I was hoping too be transferred though, so that´s good. Montese was good...but it´s pretty burnt out. There wasn´t much left to do. 

Now I'm in area Rio/Pacatuba. Kinda far from the city. Our area is a small city in itself. Should be interesting. First time I've been out of Fortaleza. My companion is Elder Bott. From Utah! Yeah! It´ll be good having an American comp again. 

Probably the biggest thing I learned in my last area was patience. I had to have a lot of patience with people. My investigators, my companion, and with the area itself. Also, I learned about prayer. Prayer really is powerful. When you ask a sincere prayer, the Lord is ready to respond and help. It´s interesting. 

Well, I´m excited to start off in a new area. It´ll give me some animation
[excitement]. Everything else is good here. Hope to have some good stories to share with you these next weeks. Until then.

Elder Castagno

Downtown Pacatuba

No comments: