Monday, February 13, 2012

The Sunshine After the Storm

The following e-mail was received today:

Well, I have some interesting news this week. This last week I have been through a lot. I've prayed a lot and have really depended on the Lord to help me. I was destined to do what I could to make these six weeks the best I could make out of them. [My patience was tried, and I did my best. Some things happened], so [my companion] got transferred out. And now I have a new companion who is awesome! . . .

My new companion is Elder Rocha from São Paulo. He is really cool. He has about ten months on the mission. He was home for the last five months though because of a knee surgery. Now we can really concentrate on the work at hand. I´m excited for these next weeks. Yesterday we had a baptism. It was a kid from a recently baptized family. It was great to see the family united together to see his baptism. We were supposed to have a few others, but sadly they fell through. This week we are going to do our best to help them. 

 I learned this week that the Lord will give us trials of our faith from time to time. He does this so we can grow. If we just have it easy, we won´t learn anything. If we support it, well then the blessing will come. It´s a promise. Whenever there is a storm there will always be flooding after...but then after that the sun will shine through. Love you all and until next time...

Elder Castagno

No comments: