The following e-mail was received today:
Hello everyone! Well, I've made it to the end of my first transfer! And today makes two months that I am on a mission! A transfer happens every six weeks, and me and my companion will stay in this area for this next transfer. My companion is now district leader! Which is pretty cool. Now I'll get to see how the leadership works.
This week went by pretty well. We really pushed ourselves to find new people, and we got 23 new investigators. And.....we had a baptism on Sunday! It went really well. It was this lady named Francisca. She seemed really happy and she knew she was making the right choice. We also have a few people that we are really working with to help them more understand about the gospel.
Looking back on these two months, I've seen that I have learned a lot--and also on how much I have to learn. Me and my companion study all morning, but sometimes it doesn't feel like enough. There is just so much that there is to learn. This week I am working on extending commitments to people and helping them understand our purpose as missionaries--which is to offer them and teach them about how they can come to Christ and have eternal life. Little by little and day by day I feel that I am getting better. I never thought that I´d talk to this many people in my life! The sun is hot, the road is long, but there is much work to do. Love all of you and have a great week!
-Elder Castagno

No comments:
Post a Comment