The following e-mail was received today:
So this is it! By this time next week I´ll be in Fortaleza! I´m really excited! So this last week went by pretty good for the most part. Sadly my district all left before me. I´m here for this last week because my mission president is changing. It was really hard to say bye to them. They were like family to me. I learned so much from each one of them, and we all looked out for each other. I´m now in another group that leaves the same day I do. I don´t have a companion, so I just float around with the group. They are all a bunch of great people too. So the day before my district left we had a small testimony meeting with our group. I decided to stand up and tell them my experience on how I was completely different a year ago and that because of the Lord, I changed so much and decided to serve a mission. One of the sister missionaries in my group then told her experience on how she got sick right before she had to go to the MTC, and she always wondered why the Lord had her wait so long to come to her mission because of her sickness. She said that my testimony answered her question. She needed to know that other people went through difficult times in their lives before their mission. It was a real testimony builder to me. It says in my patriarichal blessing that my testimony will impact many people. This is proof once again that the Lord lives and that He knows us well. Have faith in Him.
Until next week, in Fortaleza Brasil.
Elder Alexander Castagno


1 comment:
Time to assemble your care packages, people! I'm sure Elder Castagno would love to get packages (perhaps...treats?) from his friends & family upon his arrival. His address in Fortaleza is in the sidebar. Also, if including a treat, please include enough for his companion too. Former missionaries have told me that this is a must. --Blog Chief
Post a Comment