Sunday, July 15, 2012

What Missionary Work Really Means

The following e-mail was received on Monday July 9, 2012:

Well another transfer gone...and another one beginning. This week we had some success. Unfortunately, our baptisms fell through....but this week should work out. Nothing new this transfer. I´ll be staying here with my comp. Should be interesting. 

This week we've been talking to this kid that has been coming to church. We talked to his parents here and there but they didn't want anything. One day we went over there and his dad was drunk. His mom was crying and freaking out that she was sick with a bone problem and that her husband was just drunk...and the kid, "E", was crying. It was a pretty crazy situation and I wanted to leave....but that´s not what Christ would have done. I calmed down the mom and my comp talked to the dad. Then I talked to "E" and made him feel happier. I felt so bad for the kid. He was traumatized by everything. The mom said she was going to go to church to talk to the members to have some type of help. They could see that we weren't just there to try and add them to the church...but there to help. At the end everyone calmed down and we left.

We've been working with the members to get them to help out. It´s something that the ward really needs at the moment. Someone to help so they can be more united. I really learned what being a missionary meant after that. Has nothing to do with numbers or baptisms--but helping those that can´t help themselves at the moment, and showing them what they could have: the true love of Christ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND NOW FOR MORE SURGERY PHOTOS...



 

No comments: