Thursday, June 7, 2012

Success Right Out of the Gate...and then Bronchitis

The following e-mail was received on Monday June 4, 2012:

Well, it's my first week here in Montese, and it has started off good...and bad. We have a good group of people we are working with at the moment--all families--and this week we helped a couple get married and then baptized: Leonardo and Gardenia. Leonardo was already a member but fell away a while ago. The missionaries have been working with him to reactivate him, and in the process his wife was taught and felt that this was all true. 

So the bad part of this week is that I have a bad case of bronchitis. I went to the doctor's [office] for a cough, and they did an x-ray and blood work. So I´m out of the game for the next week. I have to stay home and take a bunch of medications. So the next e-mail will probably not be too exciting. Maybe I'll do a deep study about something and let you know what I learned. 

Half of this journey is complete.
We´re in June! I've made it to my year mark. It is pretty nuts. I've learned so much up to this point....and for sure still have much to go in the next year. Thanks to all for all of your support, letters, messages, pictures, everything. It really helps. I truly am grateful for all of my friends and family. Hope you all have a better week than I will!

Elder Castagno

No comments: