The following e-mail was received today:
Hello everyone! Well this week went by really well. We have been teaching this one girl named Erika. She is a friend of one of the members here. She recently moved here from SãoPaulo. We came by day by day to leave her a message. We gave her a Book of Mormon to read and she started to read it little by little every day. A few days later I then asked her if she read, and she said yes. I then asked her how she felt about being baptized this last Sunday--her response was also....yes! Once more a confirmation to my testimony that The Book of Mormon is true. No one can walk away after reading that book and say that is not true. Her baptism was on Sunday, and all of her friends were there to give her support.
So I´m staying in my area again for this next transfer...and probably will stay for the next one seeing that my companion is going home after this transfer. It´s bitter sweet. I love my comp and am super glad I get to stay another transfer with him, but at the same time, I am a bit worn out from this area. It will be a total of about eight months of walking through the same neighborhoods.
![]() |
| Elder Bednar |
Anyways, I have some pretty cool news! They are opening the temple grounds for construction on the 15th of November! Elder Bednar is coming down for the dedication and will talk to all the missionaries on the 14th. I´m very excited for that. We also have a few from the Seventy coming to talk to us also. It will be great. Hope that all of you are enjoying the snow! I sure do miss it.
-Elder Castagno
![]() |
| The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us of His ministry in the Eastern Hemisphere while The Book of Mormon tells us of His ministry in the Western Hemisphere. |



No comments:
Post a Comment